The Chinese giant has officially launched the new Huawei Honor 9, a smartphone that comes with a design that maintains the basic guidelines we saw in Honor 8. This means that it introduces minor changes to the aesthetic level and maintains the termination in metal and glass.
At hardware level we do find important changes compared to the original model, since Huawei Honor 9 has:
- 15 inch screen with resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels and 2.5D crystal.
- SoC Kirin 960 with eight-core CPU divided into two blocks (4 Cortex A73 at 2.4 GHz and 4 Cortex A53 at 1.8 GHz).
- GPU Mali-G71 MP8.
- 4GB / 6GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB storage capacity, supports microSD card up to 256GB.
- Android 7 (Nougat) as an operating system with the EMUI 5.1 personalization layer.
- Double rear camera of 12 MP (RGB) and 20 MP (monochrome).
- 8MP front camera.
- 200 mAh battery with fast charge technology.
- USB Type-C.
- Dual Nano SIM or Nano SIM + microSD.
- Weight: 155 grams.
We can clearly see that Huawei Honor 9 improves the SoC, expands RAM and base storage capacity and also assembles an upper rear double camera configuration if we compare it directly with Honor 8.
At the performance level it positions itself to a good standard and should offer excellent behavior in any type of application, including state-of-the-art 3D games.
For its part the dual camera configuration on the back allows you to capture color and black and white images, zoom up to 2x (hybrid) and apply blur effects to create unique photos.
The base model with 4 GB of RAM can now be achieved with a temporary reduction to 512 dollars. Comes with a Free Black Band 3 gift.