According to the latest publications in the press, the release date for Android 8.0 Oreo – a new version of the mobile OS from Google – is scheduled for the first half of August. So it’s not very long to wait, it’s quite possible – just a few days.
In general, for the world of mobile technologies, the release of Android 8.0 Oreo – an event much more significant than the output of the next flagship device, even if it will be one of the top novelties of Samsung or another famous brand.
The first smartphones on which the official upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo will arrive will be the “branded” devices from the most search giant Nexus (Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, and Nexus Player) and Pixel (Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL).
And the first device to receive a new version of Android “out of the box” is likely to be the flagship smartphone Nokia 8 on the basis of Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, a presentation which is scheduled for August 16 in London.
Despite the fact that Android 8.0 Oreo focuses primarily on smartphones, the system is perfectly adapted to run on tablets and other mobile devices, as well as TV and compact laptops.
The main features of the new OS
- Higher speed of work even on a relatively young “iron”.
- New manager of background applications, effectively saving the resources of the device.
- Saving support for 32-bit systems.
- Improved security subsystem.
- Updated voice assistant Google Assistant with elements of artificial intelligence. Now even smarter!
- Focus on technology virtual (VR) and additional (AR) reality.
- Redesigned and optimized basic Android applications.
- Mode PiP (Picture-in-Picture – “picture-in-picture”).
- New color themes and improved graphic design.
- The new LDAC codec from Sony, which is designed to improve the sound quality for Bluetooth.
- More options for customizing the output of notifications.
- Adaptive icons, and the user can choose both static and dynamic options.
- A new on-screen keyboard, as well as improved support for a variety of hardware keyboards, including TV remotes.
- The new programming language Kotlin, more flexible and secure compared to traditional Java. And on it you can do in Android Studio 3.0 inserts even in already written applications.