Last month at the Computex 2017 Consumer Electronics ASUS has introduced the ultra-book ASUS VivoBook S15. This model has attracted widespread attention due to the fact that the producer suffered a relatively inexpensive model “chips” more expensive notebooks ZenBook lineup.
ASUS VivoBook S15 comes with a 15.6 inch display and is made in a thin metal housing 17.9 mm and a weight of 1.5 kg. Despite such a modest size and low cost, ASUS offers VivoBook S15 fairly high performance “stuffing.”
ASUS VivoBook S15 is set to 15.6 inch display with a resolution of Full HD. The thickness of the side frames is only 7.8 mm, whereby the display occupies 80% of the entire top cover. Under the screen there is an island type backlit keyboard and touchpad with fingerprint scanner.
Specifications ASUS VivoBook S15:
- OS: Windows 10 to Pro;
- Display: 15.6 “, to Full HD;
- Processor: up to Intel Core i7 7500U;
- Video: up to NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 4 GB of GDDR5 video memory;
- RAM up to 16 GB;
- drive: HDD 2 TB or SSD 512 GB;
- Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2×2), Bluetooth 4.1;
- connectors 1 x USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0,1 x HDMI, SD slot for memory cards;
- Battery: 42 Wh;
- Dimensions: 361.4 x 243.5 x 17.9 mm;
- Weight: 1.7 kg.
Cost of ASUS VivoBook S15 starts at $ 699 and up to $ 799 depending on the version. In some markets the model will also cost only $ 499.