A complete leak has let us see the Samsung W2018, a smartphone that maintains the classic shell-shaped design that was so successful in the nineties.
Although at first glance it seems almost a piece of museum the truth is that the Samsung W2018 is a very powerful and advanced terminal, which stands out especially for having a double screen construction that greatly extends its possibilities.
At the design level there is not much else to say since the images that we accompany are quite clear, so let’s focus on the specifications of the terminal:
- Double SuperAMOLED type screen with a size of 4.2 inches and 1080p resolution.
- SoC Snapdragon 821 with quad-core CPU based on Qualcomm’s Kryo architecture.
- GPU Adreno 530.
- 4 GB of RAM.
- 64 GB of storage capacity.
- 12MP rear camera, 5 MP front.
- Fingerprint reader on the back, just below the camera.
- Android M as operating system.
It is striking that this terminal Samsung W2018 is not updated to Android N, although we must bear in mind that it may be a prototype and that it is possible that the final version does have that version of Google’s mobile platform.
Nor does it go unnoticed the presence of the reader of prints in the back, glued to the camera. It is not a good place as it is very easy to end up misplacing the finger placement and dirty the lens of the camera, something already complained also users of the Galaxy S8.
We expect its launch to take place in August and debut first in China, but we have no details about its possible price.