We have represented a list of 11 confirmed games that will work better on Xbox One X than on PS4 Pro, something that is perfectly understandable since the first one is more powerful than the second.
The image is quite clear but for everyone to understand it I leave a summary with the improvements we will see on Xbox One X:
- Ark: Survival Evolved: Go 1080p and 60 FPS on Xbox One X (1080p and 30 FPS on PS4 Pro).
- The Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind: 4K and 30 FPS in improved quality (same as in PS4 Pro, but with better graphic effects).
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition: 4K and 30 FPS in improved quality (same as in PS4 Pro, but with better graphic effects).
- Mantis Burn Racing: they have not made the improvements, but it is likely that the graphic quality will increase.
- Middle Earth War Shadows: Native 4K and 30 FPS with best graphics quality (PS4 Pro will go to 4K rescaled and 30 FPS).
- Minecraft: Native 4K and 60 FPS with best graphics quality (1080p and 60 FPS on PS4 Pro).
- Need for Speed Payback: Native 4K and 30 FPS with better graphics (4K rescaled and 30 FPS on PS4 Pro).
- Paladins Champions of the Realm: 4K native and 60 FPS (dynamic resolution and 60 FPS in PS4 Pro).
- Rocket League: the improvements have not materialized, but again the most normal would be an increase of the graphic quality.
- Smite: 4K native and 60 FPS (dynamic resolution and 60 FPS in PS4 Pro).
- World of Tanks: Native 4K and 30 FPS (1800p and 30 FPS on PS4 Pro).
I remind you that the dynamic resolution is characterized by reducing the pixel count horizontally keeping the number vertically to maintain a good flow and avoid falls of FPS, always depending on the graphical load that presents the game in each specific moment.
By contrast the rescaling involves rendering the scene at a lower resolution than desired, then stretching the pixels and smoothing the edges by applying MSAA x2. In PS4 Pro for example it is usual to render at 2560 x 1440 pixels and rescaled at 3840 x 2160 pixels.