The well-known GIGABYTE assembler has officially announced its new GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard, a top-of-the-range solution that emerges as the firm’s most powerful solution with TR4 socket.
This socket is used by the new AMD Threadripper processors, a generation that as we know is based on the ZEN architecture we saw in RYZEN processors but doubles the maximum count of core-threads and also introduces a series of unique features thanks to the jump to the X399 platform.
Among the most important is the support of quad-channel DDR4 memory (dual channel RYZEN) and 64 PCI-E lines. As it could not be otherwise it maintains the option of overclocking the processor in a simple way through the tool RYZEN Master and to increase the speed of memory.
We now turn to take a look at the key features of the new GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard:
- High-quality construction thanks to GIGABYTE Ultra Durable technology, which includes WIMA and Nichikon solid capacitors, VRM with server grade components and Thermal Guard protection on M.2 connectors to reduce temperatures.
- Support up to 128 GB of DDR4 memory at 3666 MHz.
- Support SLI and CrossFire configurations with up to four graphics cards (48 PCI-E lines available).
- PCI-E ports with Dual Armor protection to improve the solidity of the same. Essential for use with heavy and bulky graphics cards.
- High quality integrated sound compatible with SoundBlasterX 720 °.
- Network Solution Killer E2500 GbE LA.
- Fully configurable and customizable RGB LED lighting.
- Golden bath in the power connectors of the plate.
- WiFi AC adapter and USB Type-C connector.
- GIGABYTE application suite to get the most out of it.
As we see it is a first level motherboard that not only offers a great build quality, but also has a very complete set of advanced features and a very careful design.
We do not know the price yet, but we know it will be available from August 10.