Huawei has spent at home in China, the presentation of a new smartphone under the brand Honor. As with last year’s Honor 8, presented Huawei Honor 9 has become almost a full copy of the flagship of Huawei. The unit has adopted the unique design of its predecessor with an unusual effect of light reflection on the back cover, but inherited and some changes of Huawei P10. In addition, the manufacturer has decided to leave the 3.5 mm audio jack, which should please many users.
Huawei Honor 9 design is a combination of Honor 8 and new Huawei P10. It preserved a unique back cover, but the fingerprint scanner has migrated to the front side of the multifunction button “Home”. Headphone located on the bottom face with connector USB Type-C and multimedia speaker.
Traditionally, Honor 9 is equipped with dual camera. Apparently, this is the same solution as in the Huawei P10, but no developments. The main chamber is represented with 20 megapixel monochrome and 12-megapixel color sensors. It has a luminosity f/2.2, phase and laser auto-focus, dual flash and video recording support 4K. The front camera has resolution of 8 megapixels with aperture f/2.0.
With regard to technical performance, Huawei Honor 9 is also almost a full copy of Huawei P10:
- 15-inch IPS-LCD with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels;
- Octa-core processor Huawei Kirin 960;
- graphics accelerator Mali G71;
- 4 GB of RAM;
- 64/128 GB internal memory;
- support for microSD memory cards of up to 256 GB;
- double main camera with 20 Megapixel monochrome sensor 12 and megapixel color sensors;
- 8 megapixel front camera;
- Fingerprint scanner;
- battery capacity of 3200 mAh with the support 9B / 2A rapid charging;
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with a proprietary shell Emotion UI 5.1;
- two slots for SIM-cards with support for 4G;
- wireless interfaces: WiFi 802.11ac (2,4 GHz / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC;
- Dimensions: 70.9 x 147.3 x 7.45 mm;
- Weight: 155 g;
- Colors: blue, silver, gold and black.
Huawei Honor 9 cost will start at $ 340 for the version with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of non-volatile memory. Model with additional two gigabytes of RAM will cost $ 400, and the top-end configuration with 6 GB and 128 GB of internal memory will cost $ 440.