Sunnyvale giant has officially announced the new RYZEN Pro processors, a generation that holds all the keys that have made the RYZEN big for general consumption but adds security improvements that are imperative in professional environments.
AMD has confirmed that its new range RYZEN Pro consists of a total of six processors, whose names and complete specifications are summarized below:
- RYZEN 7 Pro 1700X: eight cores and sixteen wires at 3.4 GHz-3.8 GHz, normal and turbo mode, 20 MB of total cache and TDP of 95W.
- RYZEN 7 Pro 1700: eight cores and sixteen wires at 3 GHz-3.7 GHz, normal and turbo mode, 20 MB total cache and 65 W TDP.
- RYZEN 5 Pro 1600: six cores and twelve wires at 3.2 GHz-3.6 GHz, normal and turbo mode, 19 MB total cache and 65 W TDP.
- RYZEN 5 Pro 1500: four cores and eight wires at 3.5 GHz-3.7 GHz, normal and turbo mode, 18 MB total cache and 65 W TDP.
- RYZEN 3 Pro 1300: four-core and four-wire 3.5 GHz-3.7 GHz, normal and turbo mode, 10 MB total cache and 65W TDP.
- RYZEN 3 Pro 1200: four cores and four wires at 3.1 GHz-3.4 GHz, normal and turbo mode, 18 MB total cache and 65 W TDP.
High performance and security
AMD RYZEN Pro processors offer a high level of performance in single-threaded and multi-threaded applications, low consumption, contained working temperatures and also offer a degree of reliability, safety and superior protection.
In terms of security we have a series of important changes that we are going to review next:
- AMD Secure Technologies: provides protection through hardware.
- Built-in 128-bit AES encryption engine.
- Supports the advanced features of Windows 10 Enterprise Security.
- They have full fTPM / TPM 2.0 support (Trust Platform Module firmware).
We now turn to see the performance. The three graphs that we accompany are very clear, the AMD RYZEN Pro are very competitive, and since according to the tests of AMD in general outnumber without problem their direct rivals of Intel.
Availability and price
AMD has confirmed that these processors will begin to arrive during the second half of this year and that they will be integrated in professional equipment of the main manufacturers of the market.
We do not know the official prices of this new range, but we will update this article if we receive new information.