It is clear that the images that we accompany come from an official presentation that would have been made behind closed doors by Samsung. In it we can see not only the appearance of the terminal, but also its specifications.
At the design level there are no surprises, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active will keep the screen of 18: 9 and will have very similar lines, while sacrificing completely the Edge finish that bring the Galaxy S8 and S8 +.
This change was critical for the terminal to pass the tests required to obtain the military grade MIL-STD-810G certificate, which indicates high shock, water and extreme temperature resistance.
Unlike the standard version the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is topped with a polycarbonate coating that protects the entire back and sides of the terminal. Gorilla Glass 5 is kept on the front.
The basic specifications have not changed, since this smartphone has:
- 8-inch SuperAMOLED screen with a resolution of 2,960 x 1,440 pixels.
- SoC Snapdragon 835.
- 4 GB of RAM.
- 64 GB of ultrafast storage UFS 2.1, expandable with microSD up to 256 GB.
- Battery 4,000 mAh.
- Cameras of 12 MP and 8 MP.
- WiFi AC and 4G LTE Gigabit.
- Fingerprint reader, iris scanner and facial recognition.
- Android N as operating system.
- Certification MIL-STD-810G military grade.
- Fast charging and wireless charging.
We have no details on the price or know the exact date of launch, but it is clear that it is completely finished and that it should arrive very soon.
As for the price would normally cost a little more than the Galaxy S8 standard.